SSC CHSL - "Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level" Exam
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the advertisement for Combined Higher Secondary Level CHSL 2021 recruitment. Any 10+2 candidates who want to participate in this recruitment exam can apply online from 01 February 2022 to 07 March 2022. For information related to recruitment such as selection procedure, eligibility, age limit, pay scale, syllabus, see the advertisement.
SSC CHSL exam is conducted every year in different phases.
Notification Release Date
01-02-2022 (7:25 PM)
Last date and time for receipt of online application
Last date and time for making online fee payment
Application Correction last Date
11-03-2022 to 15-03-2022
Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
Date of Tier-II Examination
Vacancies in SSC CHSL
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2022
The SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria involves three criteria- age limit, nationality, and educational qualification.
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen or should belong to Nepal/ Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India.
Educational Criteria: The candidate must have cleared or appearing class 12 or its equivalent from a recognized educational board or University.
Age Criteria: The candidate must be between 18 – 27 years as of January 1, 2022. Certain reserved category candidates can claim for reservation according to the Indian government norms.
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022
The SSC CHSL recruitment process involves three stages. The exam pattern of all three stages are different. The details about the three-tier selection process for SSC CHSL is as follows:
Type of Exam
Objective Multiple Choice
Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi
Pen and Paper mode
Skill Test/ Typing Test
Depends on the Post
- SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022 is based on the result of all three tiers.
- Candidates need to qualify for each tier to appear in the subsequent tier.
- The SSC CHSL Syllabus for each tier is different.
- The final selection list is prepared by shortlisting applicants on the basis of their cumulative performance across the first two tiers.
- Tier 3, a skill-based test is a final stage to ensure that candidates possess the required skills.
- Candidates will be allotted to the various departments for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks, and Court Clerks on the basis of their merit and preference of post.
SSC CHSL 2022 Salary
The post-wise salary for the SSC CHSL 2022 is tabulated below:
SSC CHSL Posts
Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
Postal Assistant (PA)
Sorting Assistant (SA)
Data Entry Operator (DEO)
DEO (Grade A)
Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL), considered as the most desirable and ambitious, is a national government recruitment examination that opens several government posts (LDC, JSA, SA, PA and DEO) ranging to various departments and offices. The entire recruitment process for these posts are based on qualifications and qualifying marks secured by the candidates in the tiers of the examination.
For 2022, the detailed SSC CHSL exam dates have not been announced yet. However, it has been informed that the exam will be conducted in May 2022. One needs to be updated with the latest announcements and updates regarding the exam. The candidates are also advised to go through the eligibility criteria carefully for a proper understanding of the required standards set by the SSC.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus 2022
SSC CHSL Syllabus Tier 1 Syllabus comprises questions on General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English. The questions of the English section are based on 10+2 level while questions on Quantitative Aptitude are of the 10th standard.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Intelligence Syllabus
The section aims to test the logical reasoning capacity of a candidate. Both verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions are asked in this section. The questions are focused heavily on decision making, analogy, series, and intelligence.
Important topics of this section are:
Questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, and Figural Analogy
Questions on Semantic Series, Number Series, and Figural Series.
Syllogism is a form of reasoning in which a conclusion is drawn from two or three given statements. You can use the Venn diagram for these questions.
Questions based on direction sense
Questions based on Paper Cutting, Cubes and Dice, Grouping of Images and Figure Matrix
Odd One Out, Coding, and decoding, Embedded figures, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, etc.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness Syllabus
The questions in this section are designed to test the candidate’s awareness of the environment around and its application and also to test knowledge of current events. The test will include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and Scientific Research. Following are some important topics:
- Culture, Indian History
- Geography (Indian + World)
- Science Biology
- Physics, Space Science
- Computer, Mobile and Technology
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
Quantitative Aptitude is the calculative section of SSC CHSL Tier 1 syllabus containing mathematics questions. This part is asked from CBSE class 10 maths syllabus. The focus is on basic arithmetic and algebra. Important topics for this section are as follows:
Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 ???? + Cos2 ????=1 etc.,
Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Language Syllabus
English section tests candidates’ understanding of the language through an assortment of questions consisting of both grammar and comprehension-based questions. Important topics of SSC CHSL Tier 1 English section are:
Types of questions will be related to the usage of English Language. Topics are Spot the Error, fill in the Blanks, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage
Questions will be from topics like Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, and One-word substitution
Questions will be on Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
There will be a Comprehension Passage based on which 3 to 5 questions will be asked. This is a very simple and scoring section
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022
Tier 2 of SSC CHSL is a descriptive test conducted in pen and paper mode. This paper assesses the writing skills of the candidates. The Paper comprises writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approx. 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier 2 would be 33 percent and the score in Tier 2 would be included in merit. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
Important Topics for Essay
Finance and Economy
Some of the examples of essays are discussed in the following:
- The Ayushmaan Yojna
- Climate Change/ Pollution/ Odd-Even Scheme
- Women Safety and Empowerment
- Article 370
- National Register of Citizens
- Any other topic related to the current event.
Important topics for Letter/ Application Writing are:
- Complaint letter regarding increasing noise pollution in your locality
- Application for the post of a manager/ assistant/ clerk etc. in a company
- Complaint letter regarding trouble faced by common people like the state of traffic near your locality.
- Letter to present views on the effect of digitalization on the youth of today.
CHSL Tier III
SSC CHSL Tier 3/Skill Test Syllabus 2022
SSC CHSL Tier 3 2022 would be the skill test or typing test which would be of qualifying nature. Skill Test/ Typing Test would be in accordance with the job profile.
- Tier 3 will be a Skill Test/Typing Test for the qualifiers of Tier 1 and Tier 2.
- Typing Tests would be conducted only for candidates applying for Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Candidates will have to qualify for the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue so notified.
- Typing Test: For English, typing speed of 35 words per minute is required. For Hindi, typing speed of 30 words per minute is mandatory. Typing Tests will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. The skill test is conducted for the Data Entry Operator post. For DEO in the C&AG office speed of 15000 key depression per hour is required. The duration of the test is 15 minutes.
Candidates must know how the skill test/ typing test is conducted, so read complete details about Skill Test/Typing Test in SSC CHSL. The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total scores in Tier 2 and Tier 3 and on qualifying Tier 3.