SSC GD Constable Recruitment
About SSC GD Constable
Dates for submission of online applications
17.07.2021 to 31.08.2021
Last date and time for receipt of online application
Last date and time for making online fee payment
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan:
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):
Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
16th Nov – 15th Dec 2021
Result of CBT(Tier – I)
|To be informed later|
Vacancies in SSC GD
- .SC/ ST = 5 years
- OBC = 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved) 5 years
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC) 8 years
- The candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
- Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as on the stipulated date will not be eligible and need not apply.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
Incentive/ Bonus marks
NCC ‘C’ Certificate
5% of the maximum marks of the examination
NCC ‘B’ Certificate
3% of the maximum marks of the examination
NCC ‘A’ Certificate
2% of the maximum marks of the examination
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted in online mode at the official website of the Commission i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination, and the date on which the photograph has been taken should be clearly printed on the photograph. Applications without such date printed on the photograph will be rejected. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible.
- The Last date and time for submission of online applications is 31-08-2021 (23:30).
- Computer Based Examination (CBE),
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET),
- Physical Standard Test (PST),
- Medical Examination (DME/ RME) and
- Document Verification.
5 Kms in 24 minutes.
1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
For candidates other than those belonging to Ladakh Region
1.6 Kms in 6 ½ minutes
800 metres in 4 minutes
For candidates of Ladakh Region.
- Male: 170 cms
- Female: 157 cms
- Few categories of candidates are allowed relaxation in heights
Chest: Male candidates should have following standards of chest measurement:
- Un-expanded: 80 cms
- Minimum expansion: 5 cms
- Few categories of candidates are allowed relaxation in chest measurement.
Syllabus of SSC GD
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
General Knowledge and General Awareness
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.