SBI PO Notification 2022
SBI PO 2022 exam will be conducted by the State Bank of India (SBI) to select eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officers (PO) in different branches of the SBI . SBI PO is one of the most interesting jobs in the Banking industry and a dream job for millions of Indians. SBI PO Notification 2022 to be released soon on sbi.co.in, Check Eligibility, Exam Dates, Salary, Important Dates, How to apply and Syllabus Here.
Why Choose SBI?
You become part of a universal bank with over 1000 different roles across different businesses. Job rotation every 2-3 years ensures that you get unparalleled exposure to a wide spectrum of industries and business functions. You may also get the opportunity to explore different financial services like insurance, investment banking, asset management, credit cards to name a few by working in one of the subsidiaries of the Bank. SBI has 190 foreign offices in 36 countries across the world, SBI has the highest number of overseas branches across all domestic banks and time zones. The Bank ensures that you lead a comfortable life with your loved ones in the new country. At SBI, each employee has a different career path. Initially, groomed as an all-rounder, and thereafter you have the freedom to pursue your area of interest. As you grow to a senior position, you develop as a leader by assuming critical positions across different businesses. Throughout your career, you are provided increment opportunities every 3-4 years based on performance. At SBI, we are posting in one of our 10,000 branches in rural & semi-urban areas to explore the life of employees. Through these transformational stints, you develop a deep appreciation for the problems faced by India’s population and become part of the solution by serving them SBI’s wide array of financial services, impacting their lives in many ways.
ROLES @ SBI
- LATERAL HIRE
What is SBI Looking For?
The true strength of the SBI lies in its employees. The Bank is finding the right people who can contribute his life to the growth of the bank and in the process, grow professionally and personally his entire lifetime. There are six key qualities which is given by SBI that any successful employee at SBI possesses , and the bank always look for individuals who possess these qualities
- ADAPTABILITY:- The ability to adjust to different conditions or circumstances with ever changing needs of the financial world, SBI needs individuals who are adaptable and mobile, willing to adjust to a variety of roles and geographies and show responsiveness to the needs of the bank.
- ANALYTICAL ABILITY:- Analytical skills are a wide-ranging set of professional qualities that include the ability to think critically, analyze data, make difficult decisions, and solve complex problems. The Bank needs people who are able to use data and logic convincingly for all their tasks from discussions to making key decisions.
- STRONG LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL:- Leadership potential involves showing traits, abilities and characteristics often associated with being a successful leader. The future leaders should have a strong inclination for taking initiative, driving results and producing quality output. At State Bank of India, we want people who will be future leaders and drive the changes in the banking industry in India and worldwide.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION:- Being an effective communicator means being able to both actively listen and clearly express yourself to those around you. The bank looks for those who have the ability to listen proactively, demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication and use logic to convince others of their point of view.
- TEAM PLAYER:- It means that someone who cares more about helping a group or team to succeed than about his or her individual success. The employees of the SBI are members of a tightly knit family and they work in teams of motivated people to achieve their goals.
- WILLINGNESS TO LEARN:- Willingness to learn is a key behavior that helps us get on in life, whether personally or professionally. The Bank believes in learning by doing, you are constantly faced with new challenges and unfamiliar environments. The ability and eagerness to learn quickly and grow is a crucial trait which the bank values in all of its employees.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Detailed Requirements
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the essential conditions before applying for the SBI PO exam. Every single criteria stated under the SBI PO eligibility requirements is important and those who fail to meet the eligibility cannot proceed ahead for the SBI PO recruitment process. The authority can cancel the candidature of not eligible applicants. The parameters that come under SBI PO eligibility criteria include:
- Age Limit
- Academic Qualification
These are specified below in detail:
Age Limit and Relaxation
Candidates must ensure that they fall in the age range of 21 to 30 years as of April 1, 2022. It means that the aspirants who are born before April 2, 1990, and after April 1, 1999, are not eligible to apply for SBI PO 2022. The category-wise age relaxation is mentioned in the table below:
|SC (Schedule Caste)/ST (Schedule Tribe)||5 Years|
|Kashmiri Migrants (with domicile of J&K from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989)||5 Years|
|People from families affected in 1984 riots||5 Years|
|PWD / SC or ST||15 years|
|PWD – General or EWS||10 years|
|PWD – OBC||13 years|
|Emergency Commissioned Officers, Ex Servicemen or Short Service Commissioned Officers who have been in the military service for 5 years and completed their assignment and have physical disability||5 years|
Candidates must belong to any of the following nationalities for SBI PO eligibility criteria:
- Indian citizenship or
- Those who are a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or
- Tibetan Refugees and permanently settled in India before January 01, 1962 or
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) who came from abroad countries like Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam or East African countries like Kenya, Zaire, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Uganda, or Ethiopia and must have the intention to get permanently settled in India
Applicants must have completed graduation or any other equivalent course in any stream from a college or university recognized by the Central/State Government
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of graduation
Aspirants who possess the certificate of IDD
Those who have completed the course of Chartered Accountancy.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Reserved Categories
|Categories||Number of Vacancies|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|General (Unreserved Category)||40.5%|
SBI PO 2022 Notification
The SBI PO Notification 2022 will be released by the State Bank of India to recruit Probationary Officers (PO) in different offices of SBI in India. The official notification pdf will be released on the SBI Career page of the SBI official website i.e. sbi.co.in. SBI PO 2022 Exam Dates, Online Application & other details will be released along with its official notification.
Number of chances to appear in the Exam
|Category||Max. Permissible Number of Chances|
|General / EWS||4|
|General (PWD) / EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
SBI PO 2022 Syllabus
SBI PO Prelims 2022 Syllabus
|English Syllabus||Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus||Reasoning Syllabus|
Fill in the blanks
Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
Profit & Loss
Mixtures & Alligation
Permutation, Combination & Probability
Work & Time
Sequence & Series
Simple Interest & Compound Interest
Surds & Indices
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
Time & Distance
Ratio & Proportion
Ranking & Order
Phase-2: Mains Exam
Main Examination will be conducted online and will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Tests for 50 marks
Objective Test: The duration of the objective test is 3 hours and it consists of 4 Sections of total 200 marks. There will be separate timing for every section
|Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||60 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Syllabus for Mains Exam
|Computer||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||English Comprehension||Reasoning||Data Analysis & Interpretation|
Basic of logic gates
Principle of Insurance
Fill in the blanks
Circular Seating Arrangement
Linear Seating Arrangement
Directions and Distances
Ordering and Ranking
Coding and Decoding
Course of Action
Analytical and Decision Making
Charts & Tables
Missing Case DI
Radar Graph Caselet
Let it Case DI
Permutation and Combination
Phase-3 (Interview): In view of the Social Distancing and safety measures necessitated due to COVID-19 pandemic, the 3rd Phase may comprise of (i) Interview only (50 marks) OR (ii) Interview (30 marks) & Group Exercises (20 marks). Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in Phase-III to be considered for final selection. The minimum qualifying marks will be decided by the SBI.
Final Selection: The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. The marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Phase-III for preparing the final merit list. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection.
How to apply for SBI PO 2022?
Interested candidates will be able to submit applications through the online mode followed by the easy steps given below.
Steps to apply online:
- Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s ‘Career’ website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers.
- After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
- Download SBI PO 2022 Application Form and save it for future reference.
SBI PO 2022 Application Fee
- General/ EWS/ OBC candidates – Rs. 750/-
- SC/ ST/PWD – Nil
Prepare From 1Dayers-Best Coaching for Bank, SSC, Railway
1Dayers is one of the Best Coaching institutes for bank, SSC, railways, Lekhpal, defense, UP State and Teaching Exams. Its main focus is to empower the upcoming generation with excellent standards of quality education and contribute a skilled workforce. They have a small 20 number of students in a single batch so that they can focus on every student’s performance. They also offer segregated classes according to the level of students. Furthermore, they provide students with extra benefits like Personality Development class, extracurricular activities like sports, Weekly test + mock test is also provided. Most importantly, Personal Guidance, Motivation, Quality Study material and missed lectures for some special students are repeated in case they have an emergency. The only focus of 1Dayers classes is to make students more focused, accurate, faster & smarter.