Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Full Detail
Indian Army is conducting a recruitment for Agniveer India Army for various posts through Agneepath scheme 2022-23. This year all the previous scheme has changed and a new scheme has been added in the Agniveer Recruitment. After a long violent protest in Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar and many other states of India against the new Agniveer scheme and more than 1000 arrests, the Indian Army has Released the Agniveer Recruitment 2022 in July.
Here, in this blog you will get the complete information regarding Agnipath new scheme 2022-23, notification 2022-23, Eligibility criteria for various posts, salary etc.
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Important Dates
- Army Agniveer Notification Released 👉 20/06/2022
- Application Begin 👉 July 2022
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Application Fee
- General / OBC / EWS : NA
- SC / ST :NA
- Application Fees Details Will be Updated Soon.
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Age Limit as on 01/10/2022
The age limit of the applicants will be from 17.5 years to 21 years. 1st day of the month of October of recruiting year (1 April – 31 March) will be taken as an effective date for determining the age eligibility for the candidates. The recruitment will be on All India All Class basis.
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Eligibility
The following will be applicable for the Agnipath:
- Age Limit : The age limit will be 17.5 to 21 years on 01/10/2022
- Gender and Martial Status: As applicable to respective categories/trades being enrolled as on date for the Indian Army.
Medical Standards : A candidate must meet the medical eligibility conditions laid down for enrollment in the Indian Army as applicable to respective categories / trades.
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Terms and Conditions
- The following T&C has released by Indian Army are given below:
- The Candidates will be enrolled under Army Act, 1950 for a service duration of only Four (04) years including the training period.
- The Agniveers under the scheme will not be eligible for any kind of Pension or Gratuity.
- Agniveers will be liable to be assigned any duty in organisational interest, as dedicated from time to time.
- Personnel enrolled through Agniveer Scheme, will be required to undergo periodical medical check-ups and physical/written/field tests as governed by orders issued.
- All Agniveers will be discharged on completion of Four years of Service.
- On Discharge after completion of four years, Agniveers will be paid a ‘Seva Nidhi’ package.
- Agniveer will not be eligible for any kind of pension or gratuity, neither will they be eligible for Ex Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS), Canteen Stores Department (CSD) facilities, Ex Serviceman status and other related benefits.
Enrollment for Regular Cadre
- Agniveers who will complete their engagement period in each batch will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrollment in regular Cadre of Indian Army.
- These applicants will be considered in a centralised manner by the army based on an objective criteria including performance during their engagement period.
- Only 25% of each specific batch of Agniveers will be enrolled in regular cadre of the Indian Army, after post completion of their four years engagement period.
- Regular Cadre would be required to serve for a further engagement period of 15 years.
Leave for Agniveer
Grant of leave will be subject to exigencies of service. The following leave may
be applicable for Agniveers during their engagement period :-
(a) Annual Leave: Upto 30 days per year.
(c) Sick Leave: Based on medical advice.
Salary of Agniveer
(i) The pay & emoluments of Agniveers will be as given below :-
Year 1: Customised Package – ₹ 30,000/- (plus applicable allowances.)
Year 2: Customised Package – ₹33,000/- (plus applicable allowances.)
Year 3: Customised Package – ₹ 36,500/- (plus applicable allowances.)
Year 4: Customised Package – ₹ 40,000/- (plus applicable allowances.)
(ii) From the above package, 30% will be compulsorily deposited every month in a corpus which will be matched by the GOI. Balance amount less the corpus contribution will be the in-hand component.
What is Seva Nidhi Package?
- On discharge at 4 years, the corpus of ₹5.02 lakhs will be matched by the GOI, an amount of ₹10.04 lakhs and accrued interest will be given to the Agniveers.
- Agniveers who are subsequently selected for enrolment in IA as regular cadre, the “Seva Nidhi” package to be paid to them will comprise only their contribution including accrued interest thereon.
- In the case of Agniveers exiting service before the end of their engagement period on their own request, the individual’s Seva Nidhi package, accumulated as on date, will be paid with the applicable rate of interest. In such cases, no Govt contribution to Seva Nidhi Package will be entitled. The “Seva Nidhi” will be exempt from Income Tax.
- The Agniveer pay is a composite package and he will not be eligible for any Dearness Allowance and Military Service Pay
- There shall be no entitlement towards gratuity or pensionary benefits for Agniveers enrolled through this Scheme.
- Agniveer will only get applicable Risk & Hardship, Ration, Dress and Travel allowances as decided by the GOI from time to time.
Life Insurance for Agniveer
Agniveer will be provided non-contributory life insurance cover of ₹48 lakhs for the duration of their engagement period and they will not be eligible for Army Group Insurance Fund (AGIF) Schemes / benefits.
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Benefits for Four Years of Service in Agniveer
After completing four years of service (as applicable), the following benefits will be offered to the existing individuals:-
(a) Seva Nidhi Package:
See above to see the details about this. The corpus generated after four years of contribution will be paid to the existing Agniveers.
(b) ‘Agniveer’ Skill Certificate: At the end of engagement period, a detailed Skill set certificate will be provided to the Agniveers, highlighting the skills and level of competency acquired by the personnel during their engagement period.
(c) Class 12th Certificate: Agniveers who have been enrolled after qualifying Class 10th, a certificate for 12th (equivalent) will be given on completion of their 4 years engagement period, based on skills attained. Detailed instructions shall be issued separately by Indian Army.
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Compensation for Death
The death for the purpose of provision of financial benefits to Agniveers will be categorised as follows:
- Category X : Death due to natural causes neither attributable to nor aggravated by military service.
- Category Y : Death due to causes which are accepted as attributable to or aggravated by military service or due to accidents/ mishaps in the performance of duties including training.
- Category Z : Death due to acts of violence/ attack by terrorists, anti social elements, enemy, during border skirmishes/ war/ peacekeeping operations/ aid to civil power etc, and during operational preparation and training for war including battle inoculation training/ exercises; and accidental deaths due to natural calamities/ operations specially notified by Gol etc.
Indian Army Agnipath Scheme 2022: Vacancy Details
Agniveer (General Duty) (All Arms)
Age : 17.5 – 23 years
Education Qualification: Class 10 /Matric with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject. For boards following grading system of D grade (33%, 40% ) in individual subjects or equivalent of grade which contains 33% and overall aggregate in C2 grade or equivalent corresponding to 45% in aggregate 10+2/Intermediate Exam Pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with min 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject.
- Agniveer (Technical) (All Arms) &
- Agniveer (Technical) (Aviation & Ammunition Examiner)
Age : 17.5 – 23 years
Education Qualification : 10+2/Intermediate Exam Pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with min 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject or 10+2 /Intermediate exam pass from any recognized State Education Board or Central Education Board to include NIOS and ITI course of minimum one year in required field) with NSQF level 4 or above.
- Agniveer Clerk/Store Keeper (Technical) (All Arms)
Age : 17.5 – 23 years
Education Qualification : 10+2/Intermediate Exam Pass in any stream (Arts, commerce, science) with 60% marks in aggregate and minimum 50% in each subject securing 50% in each subject securing 50% in English and mathematics/Accounts/Book keeping in Class 12 is mandatory.
- Tradesmen (All Arms) 10 pass
Age : 17.5 – 23 years
Education Qualification : Class 10th High School Exam Passed in Any Recognized Board in India.
Minimum 33% in Each Subject.
Agniveer Tradesmen (All Arms) 8 pass
Age : 17.5 – 23 years
Education Qualification : Class 8th Exam Passed in Any Recognized Board in India. Minimum 33% in Each Subject
NOTE THE UPPER AGE LIMIT HAS BEEN RELAXED FROM 21 YEARS TO 23 YEARS AS A ONE TIME MEASURE FOR THE RECRUITING YEAR 2022-23